Account Management Workflows on the Client Project Roadmap
This function is available on the Delegate and Team Plans only. Please upgrade or contact us on the chat to unlock the feature.
As the project roadmaps have been utilized among many MSPs we wanted to offer more seamless communication between the client engagement teams (TAM/vCIO/AM etc.) and the operation teams (project leaders, techs, billing, etc.). The new two-way integration for the roadmap works for both Connectwise Opportunities and Projects based on their status, and also convert opportunities to projects in Connectwise as the projects are finalized in MSPL. This gives you an ability to push items from the roadmap through the planning phase, and also receive the updates on projects when you prepare for a meeting. As the integration requires a proper set up for the workflows we turn it on by request.
Status syncing between MSPL / CW
In Managed Services Platform you can manage the complete lifecycle of a project.
1. Recommendation just an idea without any commitment
2. Planned when you see the opportunity is real so you can generate a CW Open Opportunity
3. Approved when you have an approval from the client and move to CW Won Opportunity
4. Work in Progress when you start it and turn the Won Opportunity to an Open Project
5. Completed when you complete the project and close the Project in CW
There are options to mark a Project as an Issue, this will not sync it to CW. Also you can select No Status (or change the name tag) and this can mark this as a lost opportunity in CW.
You can customize Managed Services Platform's Project Statuses and Icons on the Profile > Change Project Statuses Section. Choose icons and statuses to match your needs.
Import Connectwise Opportunities and Projects
Import Connectwise Opportunites and Projects into your Project Roadmap and either create new MSPL projects or link to existing ones. Select the Client and the Delivery tab to access all existing Connectwise Opportunities and Projects.
Create CW Opportunities and Projects from Managed Services Platform
If a project is not in Recommended / Issue / No Status Stage then you can sync them with Connectwise by clicking the Sync button on the top.
1. Populate your Project Roadmap
Make sure your project roadmap has projects with Planned / Approved / Work in Progress / Completed / No Status
2. Make sure the client is linked to a Connectwise Client
You can access the 2-way sync screen if your client is linked to a Connectwise client. If not click to the Delivery Tab to link it first.
3. Select the Projects to Sync and choose directions
The 2-way sync screen shows ONLY projects in your Client Project Roadmap which are NOT synced with Connectwise.
1. If the line is red that means the Managed Services Platform project has no Connectwise Opportunity or Project linked. You can create or link a CW Opportunity / Project on the right-hand side. (please note the Managed Services Platform status determines whether it will be a Connectwise Opportunity or Project based on the status)
2. If the line is blue this means the Managed Services Platform
status will update the status in Connectwise.
3. If the line is Green that means the Connectwise status will update the status in Managed Services Platform.
After a project is linked you are able to determine manually which way you want to sync.
1. If you click on the left it will turn blue meaning Managed Services Platform TO Connectwise
2. If you click on the right will turn green meaning Connectwise to Managed Services Platform
3. If you click on the coloured columns it will make them white so we are not going to update the project.
4. Click Synchronize
After you selected which way to sync the projects, now you can execute the process. Managed Services Platform will update the project roadmap and the related projects in Connectwise.
If you change the Managed Services Platform status from Approved to Work in Progress the opportunity will move to closed and become a project automatically.
Overview of the Project Roadmap
The Project Roadmap has many functions which can be used to better view your Project Statuses.
1. Hover over the Project Title
This will provide a summary of more information about the project details.
2. Hover over the Chain icon
This will provide more information about the linked Connectwise Project or Opportunity
There are many workflows you can manage with the integration.
1. Farming Projects
Use Managed Services Platform to generate Project Recommendations. After getting commitments, create the opportunity in Connectwise. You can use the Opportunities to track quotes and forecast cashflow. After the official close of the opportunity, your team can sync back this to the roadmap as Approved Projects.
2. Manage QBRs
When an Account Manager goes to a QBR opening up the Sync screen can help to see the changes.
All Blue indicates the projects in Managed Services Platform which have been updated. All Green items show that the project is completed so it can be reported to the client.
3. Communicate across teams
Use the Project Roadmap to get a high-level overview of the client related opportunities and projects without going into the details of the operational items.